Join Us On Facebook

Please Wait 10 Seconds...!!!Skip

I Have A Long Way To To: Deepika Padukone


Deepika is happy with the portrayal of women in films today and the fact that female-oriented films like 'Queen' have clicked at the box office.

"I think it is a great time for actresses in Bollywood. Gone are the days when actresses were just treated as prop. There are some really interesting scripts and films being made with actresses playing some strong roles. In the films that I have done, I have played strong women characters," she said.

The actress says her parents are proud of her success in Bollywood, but her father thinks she needs to improve in controlling her anger.
"I think so (the same). If my father says, I have to listen to him."

Deepika started her career as a model and made her debut in films opposite Shah Rukh Khan in 'Om Shanti Om'.

In the last two years, she has been shooting for films back-to-back. She delivered hits like 'Cocktail', 'Race 2, 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani', 'Chennai Express' and 'Ram Leela'.
"My parents are really happy and proud of my work.

They have loved all my films. As all the characters were so distinct from one and other, they couldn't really choose one of their favourites.

"There have been times when my mother would say 'Ram Leela' was good, but my father would feel even 'Chennai Express' was good. But my father keeps saying that I still have a long way to go," she said.
As Per :- dnaindia