Join Us On Facebook

Please Wait 10 Seconds...!!!Skip

I Am Not Comfortable With Nudity: Alia Bhatt

"I feel you have certain idea of how you want to be like, how you want to lead your career path. I don't think any one person will have same ideologies. If its important for the script I will do it but if I feel it is unnecessary then I will express my opinion.

"I would never go ahead and do a nude scene as it is something I am not comfortable doing. As a person I will not be able to go for it. I think it comes from the way you are brought up, your ideologies and how you want people to look at you," Alia said in an interview here.
In her debut film Student of the Year Alia, 21, had a kissing scene and even wore a bikini. Her upcoming film 2 States is in news thanks to her sizzling chemistry with co-star Arjun Kapoor.
"This film (2 States) starts where most rom-com ends, it starts with them already being a relationship and wants to get married. So to justify the fact that they are together for a while... There is intimacy between them. They are modern, forward thinking and at the same time very cultured and cater to conservative family. You see it (kissing) for three seconds in the trailer and that is how it is in the film," Alia said.

Apparently, it's the kissing part that has become the talking point but Alia insists it is not added for promotions.
"It is not added for promotion. For marriage, it is important to be in love, in the film they are in love.. Kissing and then they show family part also. It is important part of the book because Krish's character is avoiding Anaya as he wants to be with her every time he sees her," Alia said.
"People don't look down upon it any more if done tastefully then the audience will be put off. It is a U/A film, it is a family film and we want family to come and enjoy the film," she said.
Off late, kissing has been part of several films and Alia thinks Anushka Sharma-Ranveer Singh starrer 'Band Baaja Baarat' broke the jinx.
Alia did admit that there was some level of awkwardness while kissing Arjun on screen for '2 States'.
"There is awkwardness. I feel it is acting at the end of the day.. he is playing Krish and I am playing Anaya we are not Arjun and Alia when we are doing that scene. This film is not about just that one kiss, the only reason it is written about is because Arjun and I said it is ok (to have it)," she said.
The 21-year-old does feel too much is being talked about the kissing scene.
"I do feel it (kissing) is taking away from the film. I think it will drive away the family audience ....they are the most important audience for our film. If you see the trailer there is Amrita Singh, Ronit Roy, Revathi and others.
It is a love story between two families. "We are trying to convince that this happens like your parents don't approve of the life partner we choose or there is some problem. All parents and youth will relate to it. It is a family I think one kiss because of our Indian culture can take away from the film,"

As Per :- hindustantimes